TrueBlueNation.com - The Official Orlando Magic Fan Community!: 2017 Official Offseason Thread - TrueBlueNation.com - The Official Orlando Magic Fan Community!

• (451 Pages) +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2017 Official Offseason Thread salary numbers updated pg 53

User is offline   Payton4thewin 

• Group: Moderators
  • LocationLake Mary
here we are. season's over. Time to start planning toward next season.

here's some information:

Draft odds: 1- 8.8%; 2- 9.7%; 3- 10.7%; 4- 0%; 5- 26.1%; 6- 36%; 7- 8.4%; 8- 0.4%

assuming a 101 million salary cap, here's what our summer situation is going to look like:

Biyombo: 17,000,000
Fournier: 17,000,000
Vucevic 12,250,000
Ross: 10,500,000
Augustin: 7,250,000
Gordon: 5,504,000
Hezonja: 4,078,320
assuming the 4th pick in the draft: 3,841,000
Payton: 3,332,340
the 26th pick: 1'221,600
a waived Watson: 1,000,000
a minimum salary slot: 815,615
a minimum salary slot: 815,615

That comes to 84,608,490

so, making no other changes, we'll have 16,391,510 in salary cap space.

a max contract for a 0-6 year guy is $25,250,000. We would need to cut 8,858,490 to reach this level.

a max contract for a 7-9 year guy is 30,300,000. We would need to cut 13,908,490 to reach this level.

a max contract for a 10+ year guy is 35,350,000. We would need to cut 18,958,490 to reach this level.

The teams that project to have more cap space than us are Boston, Brooklyn, Chicago, maybe Dallas but it requires weird Dirk situations, Miami (depending on renouncing a lot of their guys and if Bosh comes off the books which isn't a given), Minnesota, Philly.

Only Miami and Philly have max cap space right now. Other teams will try to get there. so instead of working the free agent market we need to see if we can leverage our cap room. Maybe we can get Crowder from boston so they can go after Hayward. Or Wilson chandler from Denver, or Courtney lee from the knicks.

i'll edit that again after the lottery after the lottery.

User is offline   Magicman28 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
http://www.orlandose...0413-story.html

"Rob Hennigan’s five-year tenure as general manager likely will end in the coming days."

“It’s a deep draft, and you have to compete to win,” Vogel said. “That’s what you have to do. I believe in that. Karma is something that I can’t really say. But I believe in the basketball gods and caring about the right things and doing the right things. And that stuff gets rewarded.

“We competed to win every year in Indiana, and we ended up with Paul George and then Myles Turner at 10 and 11. The Boston Celtics years ago competed to lose to try to get Tim Duncan, and they didn’t get Tim Duncan. Things happen. I believe trying to build a winning culture is the most important thing for us.”
"We're going to win. We're going to win big." - Frank Vogel. Make Magic great again...Aaand for more than a few seasons.

• LocationLake Mary

View PostMagicman28, on 13 April 2017 - 08:44 AM, said:

http://www.orlandose...0413-story.html

"Rob Hennigan’s five-year tenure as general manager likely will end in the coming days."

“It’s a deep draft, and you have to compete to win,” Vogel said. “That’s what you have to do. I believe in that. Karma is something that I can’t really say. But I believe in the basketball gods and caring about the right things and doing the right things. And that stuff gets rewarded.

“We competed to win every year in Indiana, and we ended up with Paul George and then Myles Turner at 10 and 11. The Boston Celtics years ago competed to lose to try to get Tim Duncan, and they didn’t get Tim Duncan. Things happen. I believe trying to build a winning culture is the most important thing for us.”

the boston Celtics tanked for Duncan then ended up with some scrub named Chauncey Billups.

User is online   fan for too long 2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

View PostPayton4thewin, on 13 April 2017 - 08:51 AM, said:

the boston Celtics tanked for Duncan then ended up with some scrub named Chauncey Billups.

Yea he took the Celtics to the top. Not.

• LocationLake Mary
Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account
@WojVerticalNBA

Following

 More

Orlando has fired GM Rob Hennigan, league source tells @TheVertical.

• PipPipPipPip

View PostPayton4thewin, on 13 April 2017 - 09:08 AM, said:

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account
@WojVerticalNBA

Following

 More

Orlando has fired GM Rob Hennigan, league source tells @TheVertical.

You can delete the thread I made if you want.

Welp, that was fast lol
"We're going to win. We're going to win big." - Frank Vogel. Make Magic great again...Aaand for more than a few seasons.

• LocationLake Mary

View PostMagicman28, on 13 April 2017 - 09:11 AM, said:

You can delete the thread I made if you want.

Welp, that was fast lol

probably deserves its own thread.

I told everyone it happened 3+ weeks ago. There have been whispers of our staff looking for other jobs recently and Hennigan hasn't been around.

User is offline   TRU BELIEVER 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
I was really hopeful about Rob especially after Otis sucked for so long. Here's hoping the next choice is better. What good candidates are out there?
Posted Image

• PipPipPipPip

View PostPayton4thewin, on 13 April 2017 - 09:13 AM, said:

I told everyone it happened 3+ weeks ago. There have been whispers of our staff looking for other jobs recently and Hennigan hasn't been around.

Yeah when that Stein article came out I knew it.

I'm not mad he's let go. I try to get people see things from other perspectives so I'll push ideas and possibilities.

My worry though, is who are they going to bring in. Vogel is sounding more and more like a GM lately.

User is offline   Bauncey Chillups 

• PipPipPipPip
Probably the worst season in franchise history in terms of the product on the floor. 2003-2004 at least had T-Mac balling out every so often.

User is offline   JudeMorrigan 

• Pip
I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.

User is offline   Jay Magic 

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationEngland

View PostPayton4thewin, on 13 April 2017 - 09:13 AM, said:

Henny was in the dressing room last night after we beat Detroit alongside Martins & The Devos Family

Share this topic:

• (451 Pages) +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

12 User(s) are reading this topic
1 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. fan for too long 2