TrueBlueNation.com - The Official Orlando Magic Fan Community!: Hey guys, Hornets fan here, thinking about checking out the game on Wednesday, looking for some help - TrueBlueNation.com - The Official Orlando Magic Fan Community!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hey guys, Hornets fan here, thinking about checking out the game on Wednesday, looking for some help

User is offline   LoCo89 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
Hey guys, long story short, My gf works seasonally at Disney, so we're going after Christmas. She works on Wednesday night and since the Hornets are in town, I'm thinking about grabbing a ticket and heading to the Amway Center and since this'll be my first time going to a game as a visitor, I was hoping on getting some info. Basically things like where to park, unless there's just arena parking (how much?), where to eat in or around the arena. That kind of thing. Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks Guys

User is offline   ThisIsTheYear 

• I know where Arsenio Hall is
  • PipPipPipPip
There are parking garages littered around the Amway Center and you shouldn't have any trouble finding spots for this game. Garage rates are often $10 and occasionally, you'll find a $5 one. I found a $5 parking area behind the arena when we last played the Wizards.

I usually eat before I go to games so hopefully someone else can chime in, but there are restaurants/bars directly across from the arena.

Have fun!
Posted Image

User is offline   Drunk On Mystery 

• There's a reliable disappointment
  • PipPipPipPip
Yeah, there are restaurants of all shapes and sizes right across the street on Church St

Without knowing your preferences or dietary restrictions, it's hard to make a recommendation, but I can't imagine you wouldn't be able to find something that you'd be willing to eat over there.
Don't you do it, Hitler!
Don't you dare fall in love with me!

User is offline   ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS 

• WORLD FAMOUS CONCERT PHOTOGRAPHER
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationCocoa Florida
There's a few places inside that Amway that have great (but expensive) food as well.
Watch the MAGIC shock the world and win the 2013 2014 2015 2016 championship...

GO MAGIC!

User is offline   Audi 

• PipPip
Parking - usually about $10 for a parking garage on South St. and then a short stroll from there to the Amway Center. I'd actually recommend one of these if you plan on eating at a place on Church St. prior to tip-off. If convenience is what you are about, the Geico Garage will run you $20 but it is attached to the Amway Center via a walkway so once you are parked there's really no walk necessary. There are also some outdoor lots available, usually for $5-$10 scattered around the Amway Center.

Eats - Plenty of places on Church St. and downtown. If you've got the $$$, spoil yourself with tix in the Legends Suites. Pricey (anywhere from $80 - $400 depending on the visiting team), but you get all you can eat *good* food (carving station, salads, marinated herb chicken, hot dogs, assorted pastas, desserts, and all you can drink beer and/or wine) included in the price. If you just want a cheap but damn tasty meal, you can't beat 5 Guys Burgers and Fries on Church St. Perfect pre-game food.

Hope that helps. How are you guys enjoying Anderson and what do you think about the rumored name change for NOLA?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users