TrueBlueNation.com - The Official Orlando Magic Fan Community!: Keyon Dooling reveals history of abuse - TrueBlueNation.com - The Official Orlando Magic Fan Community!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Keyon Dooling reveals history of abuse

User is offline   You're Fat, Pat! 

• Posting posts one post at a time.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
I hesitate to share this, simply because the maturity of this board is often so low, but I hope you all can take a serious topic like this and not turn it into a joke.

Recently, former Magic man Keyon Dooling has opened up about being sexually abused as a child.

I understand that he's a former Magic guy, but he's personally one of my favorite Magic role players ever. The courage he's showing by putting this stuff out there in an attempt to help others gives him even more of my respect.

http://www.awfulanno...y-of-abuse.html

Props to Keyon. Stand up guy. Wish nothing but the best for him in his personal and basketball future.

User is offline   nCoolness 

• Derpty Derp
  • PipPipPip

View PostYou, on 18 November 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

I hesitate to share this, simply because the maturity of this board is often so low, but I hope you all can take a serious topic like this and not turn it into a joke.

Recently, former Magic man Keyon Dooling has opened up about being sexually abused as a child.

I understand that he's a former Magic guy, but he's personally one of my favorite Magic role players ever. The courage he's showing by putting this stuff out there in an attempt to help others gives him even more of my respect.

http://www.awfulanno...y-of-abuse.html

Props to Keyon. Stand up guy. Wish nothing but the best for him in his personal and basketball future.

I read about that. Felt so sorry for him and what mess he went through in his life. He made a very wise choice to retire and fight his demons.

I give a standing ovation to that man.
Posted Image

User is offline   jec 

• Just a Swell Guy
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationOrlando
Keyon was always one of my favorite players. Sad to hear this, just as all the other cases I see.
Posted Image

User is offline   NittanyBuc 

• Goooood... Goooood...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationOrlando
Much respect for him coming out and speaking about it, as well as only being concerned with preventing others from experiencing the same.
Posted Image

User is offline   Emory889 

• Hella Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationLooking forward to watching the Magic tank next season.
There are a lot of serious issues that can be made light of....sexual abuse of a child is not one of them. Bravo to Keyon for showing the courage to bring up the issue.
Posted Image

Quote from Davcicic: "I love the Magic so much that I would take them to the back of the school and get them Pregnant!!!!"

Quote from O-dub: "Our final relevant emoticon has been waived."

User is offline   Miller4Prez66 

• PipPipPipPip
I liked Keyon when he was here, played good defense and could back up both guard positions. I was disappointed we let him go.

It is indeed brave of him to come out about this, and it is a terrible thing to happen to anyone. Props to him to grow up and still have a successful life and career after such hideous acts that likely ruined his childhood.
Posted Image

User is offline   Ibn Battuta 

• The traveling scholar
  • PipPipPipPip
Keyon is very well spoken. I think he has the capability to help people. Wish him the best.
Posted Image

User is offline   Mauro Pedrosa 

• Rebuilt
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationPortugal
Much respect to him
Posted Image

Formerly known as VCplusD12 - Creator of Amway Center's #1 Gamethread
3,792 posts
Joined in July 21 2009

User is offline   COLOMBIANO 

• Member Advanced
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationMi casa
It's always sad to hear that. I have 2 kids and I''m extra careful when others are around them because i wouldnt want this to happen to them. Sick people in this world and they look ao normal.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users