TrueBlueNation.com - The Official Orlando Magic Fan Community!: Van Gundy Happy With Magic's Roster - TrueBlueNation.com - The Official Orlando Magic Fan Community!

• (2 Pages) +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Van Gundy Happy With Magic's Roster Denton Via OrlandoMagic.com

User is offline   Dan Savage 

• Advanced Member
  • View blog
  • Group: Administrators

The Orlando Magic likely won’t win any national praise for the changes that they made to their roster this offseason what with division rival Miami Heat adding all-stars LeBron James and Chris Bosh.

But Magic coach Stan Van Gundy feels that those changes will make the Magic significantly better this season – and that’s saying something considering that Orlando won 59 games last season and almost got back to the NBA Finals for a second consecutive spring.

By signing veteran swingman Quentin Richardson and backup point guard, drafting rookies Daniel Orton and Stanley Robinson and inking Malik Allen to a make-good camp contract, the Magic have adeptly filled in the holes around their talented core of players. And even though the Magic explored the true availability of unhappy all-stars Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony this summer, they like their chances to win a championship with a talented nucleus of Dwight Howard, Rashard Lewis, Jameer Nelson, Vince Carter, J.J. Redick, Marcin Gortat, Mickael Pietrus, Brandon Bass and Ryan Anderson.

http://www.nba.com/m...ure_092210.html

User is offline   Jareth Cutestory 

• Village Idiot
  • PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members
Trades coming.
Posted Image
This team needs to find a PF to replace Tony Battie. Sign Chris Webber.

User is offline   Emory889 

• Hella Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • LocationLooking forward to watching the Magic tank next season.
Wait, a postive article about the Magic? Oh nevermind, it wasn't posted by Ball Junkie.
Posted Image

Quote from Davcicic: "I love the Magic so much that I would take them to the back of the school and get them Pregnant!!!!"

Quote from O-dub: "Our final relevant emoticon has been waived."

User is offline   A BETTER DJ 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
I like the team too! Adding Q-Rich means that we will have 5 guys on the floor that have to be guarded! Q-Rich is a much better shooter than Mad Barnes so we will have 4 outside threats on the floor with Dwight!!! Now if we could just get VC to trade in his off balance no look hand in the face fade-aways for more trips to the rack and foul line... or SVG to pull him when he's not hitting shots... we could go all the way!!!
2010... the EC Finals~ Trade VC, play JJ more, get a good backup PG, get a backup big... next up 2011... the Championship! file:///C:/Users/Owner/Desktop/cooltext491622210.gif

User is offline   Miller4Prez66 

• PipPipPipPip
I think Duhon was a nice pickup. He's the kind of backup PG we needed, he can play defense and run the offense off the bench and can step in as the starter in spurts since we know Jameer will be injured at some point.

Not too thrilled over the Q-Rich thing, don't think he's the kind of player we needed, and I'm not a fan of him to begin with. I would've preferred Barnes for the price the Lakers got him for.
Posted Image

User is offline   Optimist Prime 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
With the "signing" of Malik, we can be sure that someone's going to be shopping before the trade deadline. Probably Bass or Anderson as an add-on to VC if he doesn't bring what he came here for. Who knows? I think this team can go all the way if Jameer steps up like he did in the playoffs and Redick improves like he has the past two years. And there's no having to gel the first half of the season, either.
Posted Image

User is offline   ElfridMVP 

• You can't fool an Elf
  • PipPipPipPip
We need to start JJ instead of old man carter.
Posted Image

User is offline   sharp/7/shooter 

• The Herbaceous One
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationGrass City, MA

View PostLeBrickJames, on 22 September 2010 - 01:58 PM, said:

We need to start JJ instead of old man carter.

I think this could be the future. As of right now I'm okay with Vince starting as long as Redick finishes the game, with or without VC.
Posted Image

User is offline   Berto 

• Backup Superhero
  • PipPipPipPip
Both Otis and SVG like this team.
Posted Image
These *****ing zombies. Remember when you could just throw a girl in a volcano?

User is offline   ball junkie 

• PipPipPipPip
I'm glad Stan likes this roster...it should give us many regular season victories...but success of a team and season is made in the playoffs...as our player personnel is currently constructed I just do not see us making the Finals, let alone winning it.

I'll still be rooting, cheering and watching every game.

Go Magic!!!
Posted Image

User is offline   jacklj13 

• Pip
i like this team as well however to win it all will be a big task. you will need to see improvement in howard for sure. nelson will have to be a smarter pg. i believe you will see lewis have a bigger role and vc less. the bottom line is jj, bass, and ryan, will have to step up and play consistent high level ball as well. if all these things happen then they have as good a chance as anyone. take care of your own house and let the chips fall where the may.

User is offline   JRam027 

• Let's Get Weird
  • PipPipPip
  • Locationrunnin Ventura County, CA

View Postsharp/7/shooter, on 22 September 2010 - 02:11 PM, said:

I think this could be the future. As of right now I'm okay with Vince starting as long as Redick finishes the game, with or without VC.

This.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Orlando goes on to win the finals 5-3 against the Lakers. Yes, 5 games to 3. The league is so adamant that Orlando is not to win, they force an 8th game." - echo4papa

http://www.facebook....p?id=1553253225

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages) +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users